Sunday 25 November 2012

Just ticking along nicely

Training Update

Well after my little bike accident I'm now pretty sure I must of at least cracked a rib, the following week (w/c 29th Oct) I was not a happy bunny but luckily it was an easy week, I had to make it even easier than normal. Only one short treadmill run in agony, one swim with Stamford Tri Club, where I had to knock it on the head after a 400m warm up. At least I could bike, so I did manage three good bike sessions.

W/c 5th Nov I was still struggling with my ability to swim (nothing strange there I hear you cry) but with the help of some pain killers I managed to get my four swims in, albeit at a very steady effort. Running was back again with the aid of some pain killers and biking was still good which got me back on track with a nice 12.5 hrs in the bank.

W/c 12th Nov, pretty much back to normal now can swim Ok (just can't get out the damn pool at the end of the session without the aid of the steps) and got my 4 swims, 4 runs, & 3 bikes in. Clocking up 14.25hrs.

W/c 19th Nov, the last week of my current block and for the first time in a while I ticked every box, 4 swims, 4 runs, 3 bikes, all going nicely to plan considering the poor wet weather we had. I was lucky and stayed dry all week and only doing one run session indoors on the treadmill. Saturdays ride was a little longer than planned after trying a new route and completely heading in the wrong direction for about 10 miles before realising..... Week total 14.5hrs

I'm now looking forward to a nice recovery week before I see what Steve has in store for me in my next big training block.

News

I've been kept busy at home too, tidying up my garage, painting the floor, and preparing to move my turbo and rollers in there. My time is finally up in the Dining room, I've been evicted....

I also had some great news, when I received an invite to join the Racetime/USN Race Team for 2013, its a fantastic opportunity for me to race in a top quality team with some extremely talented team mates. The Team has some great sponsors too which include Greeper Laces, Compress Yourself, USN UK, Ashmei Running, Skechers Performace, Bonk, and Sunwise. I'm really excited about this opportunely and looking forward to to racing in 2013.

My new ride for next year is how complete and after a visit down to the guys at Freespeed on friday for a bike fit I can't wait for some dry weather to go for a spin.


Right I'm off for a nice recovery week and maybe a little cross country race next weekend in the North Mids League at Wolloton Park, time to get muddy ..... Cheers for reading... 

Oh and don't forget and check out racetime-events.co.uk for thier 2013 events calendar... 


No comments:

Post a Comment